Effective From 18/06/2015
This Policy outlines how we deal with "personal information", which is information about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from that information (Personal Information).
We collect Personal Information in conjunction with our business providing software for the mining industry (Services).
2. How we collect Personal Information
We collect Personal Information in four main ways:
- collecting specific information relevant to providing our services to you (Active Collection);
- generalised passive collection when you use our Services to process information (Passive Collection);
- collection via automated electronic means in accordance with standard business practice on the internet (Automated Collection); and
- collecting Personal Information from persons other than the individual to which it relates (Third Party Collection).
We engage in Active Collection when an individual or organisation
- (Registrations)registers or subscribes for a service, list, account, membership, connection or other process whereby that individual enters his or her details to apply for, receive or access something, including a transaction; or
- (Contact) contacts us via any medium, including telephone, fax or email.
We engage in Passive Collection whenever users of the Services include any Personal Information in any content they create or store through or on our Services, or any forum run by us. You are responsible for the information that you post on our through our Services, a forum or other service. You should ensure you are comfortable posting that information.
We and some of the third party services providers we use (such as Google Analytics) engage in Automated Collection as follows:
- (Logs) when you visit our website or use the Services, our server and analytics service may log details about your visit such as your IP address, the time and duration of visit, the link from which you visited, and information about your browser and operating system;
- (Location Services) when you have location services switched in so that your location is captured in conjunction with content;
- (Cookies) we will likely place a cookie on your device when you visit our website; and
- (Updates) our software will automatically check for updates, provide usage statistics to us and report errors.
We engage in Third Party Collection when:
- (Client documents and databases) clients provide us with access to their documents or databases containing Personal Information;
- (Referrals) a third party refers us business; and
- (Research) we conduct research on potential clients, and the individuals associated with those potential clients.
3. The kinds of Personal Information that we collect and hold
Through the processes above, we collect the following categories of Personal Information about individuals:
- (Content) whatever Personal Information is included in content you enter using our Services;
- (Identity Information) name, signature, location, website address, date of birth, nationality, license & registration details, bank account details, family details, employment details, educational qualifications and third-party usernames;
- (Contact Information) email address, social media profiles, telephone & fax number, third-party usernames, residential, business and postal addresses;
- (Behaviour Information) habits, movements, trends, decisions, webpage views, online activity, associations, memberships, finances, purchases;
- (Internet Data) Internet Protocol or "IP address", referring web site addresses, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and other data typically collected by analytics services like Google Analytics; and
- (Business Information) business or project, if it is run in the individual’s personal capacity, including information on professional affiliations or services offered.
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, certain information, such as information about your health, sexuality or criminal record is categorised as Sensitive Information. We do not intentionally collect Sensitive Information, but information that you post through our Services may fall into this category.
4. How we hold Personal Information
We hold and store Personal Information using:
- (Storage Services) third party data storage services, which are businesses that professionally manage information technology infrastructure;
- (Software Services) third party application providers, where we use an application for the purposes of our business and store data in association with that application on infrastructure provided by those third party application providers;
- (Business Devices) devices operated by employees of our business; and
- (Paper Files) printed paper and third party archival storage services.
We may combine or link Personal Information about you that we collect on one occasion with Personal Information about you that we collect on other occasions.
5. How we secure Personal Information
We will take reasonable precautions to protect Personal Information from unauthorised access. This includes appropriately securing our physical facilities and electronic networks.
We secure Personal Information that we collect with credentials, passwords, pins, encryption, session expiry, firewalls, SSL network encryption, and through the use of reputable vendors. For more information on security, please contact us using the contact details below.
By using any part of the Services, individuals acknowledge that the security of online transactions and the security of electronic communications cannot be guaranteed. Individuals provide information, including Personal Information, to us via the Services at their own risk.
6. The purposes of collection, holding and use
We collect, hold and use Personal Information for the purpose of providing the Services, improving them and developing additional functionalities for our users.
ForPassively Collected Personal Information, the collection, holding and use of information happens simply by virtue of users using the Services. The purpose of the Services is to allow users to enter and manage information, including Personal Information.
For all other Personal Information,our handling of Personal Information includes holding and using the Personal Information so that we can:
- (Functionality) provide functionality within the Services;
- (Communicate) communicate with individuals for the purpose of providing the Services, including notifications, support; communications about our goods and services; marketing and promotions; and competitions, surveys and questionnaires;
- (Transact) transact with individuals for the purpose of providing the Services;
- (Business Development and UX) assess the progress and success of our Services, develop business opportunities, and enhance user experience of our Services;
- (Manage Licence Terms) ensure that our Services are used within the terms of the licensing agreement; and
- (Secure access) providing secured access to users using an account and allowing users to retrieve their password if they forget it.
We tend not to use information collected via automated means in order to identify specific individuals. Rather, it is generally used for data analysis.
7. How and when we share or disclose Personal Information
When we use the services of companies that we work with to provide our Services, this may involve providing some degree of access to Personal Information. Such third party services may include:
- (Software resellers) resellers of our software;
- (Hosting) cloud and web hosting service providers;
- (Saas) providers of software as a service;
- (Support) providers of IT support services, web and software development;
- (Online payment) providers of online payment systems.
We will only share Personal Information with these third parties to the extent reasonably necessary to perform their functions.
We also disclose Personal Information about users of our Services by publishing it or making it available on our website. This includes:
- (Forums and Comments) showing names, usernames and contact details on forums, comments and correspondence; and
- (Sales and Inquiries) facilitating the sharing of information between users of our website about sales, inquiries and payments.
For more information on the third party service providers we use, and their privacy policies, please contact us using the details listed below.
For information on disclosures to overseas recipients, see below.
8. Contacting us to access, change or delete Personal Information
Users may edit some content and account details within the Services.
However, you can also contact us using the details below to arrange access or correction to and, where appropriate, deletion of your Personal Information.
Position Title: Privacy Officer
We reserve the right to refuse access or correction where there are reasonable grounds for doing so, for example if providing access would be unlawful or would compromise the privacy of another person.
9. Complaints process
- When you notify us of a complaint about our handling of your Personal Information, we will deal with the complaint by responding to it in writing within a reasonable period (usually 10 business days from the day we receive your email).
- We will endeavour to work with you to resolve the complaint entirely within 30 days, although that period may be longer if it is reasonable to take longer given the nature of your complaint.
- If you are unsatisfied with our response, you may make refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (http://www.oaic.gov.au/).
10. Disclosure of Personal Information to overseas recipients
- Our use of third party service providers may result in the processing of your Personal Information overseas. You may not have the same rights in relation to the handling of your Personal Information by overseas recipients as you would under Australian privacy law.
- By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to recipients outside Australia.
- If you consent to such transfer, we will not be accountable for overseas recipients’ handling of your Personal Information. In any event, we take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information that has been transferred will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information inconsistently with the APPs.